Our Leading Pride Ambassador
Earlier this year, with the help of Rugby World Cup winner Maggie Alphonsi MBE, we launched our Pride Ambassador Program.
Over 60 individuals joined the scheme and they’re increasingly initiating – and getting involved in – activities which raise awareness for Bhubesi Pride Foundation’s work in Africa; promote its PRIDE values; and encourage people passionate about rugby and the community to apply to volunteer with us in Africa.
With our first full year of the program coming to a close, BPF’s Board of Trustees assembled a shortlist of our most active Pride Ambassadors and then selected our Leading Pride Ambassador.
- Rupert Neville – continued fundraising for the charity; financially supporting volunteers and encouraging others to apply; volunteering himself with the Pride for 2 weeks in Nairobi; coordinating donated kit headed for Africa
- Steve Roach – charity donations; organising and attending charity activities, including a kit assembly initiative with Rupert, Oliver Munns and Jake Hiscock
- Jason Clarke – ‘inspiring’ 2016’s Media Producer Finn Sims to apply for the role; supporting the charity’s ongoing media strategy and assisting with future Media Producer applications and selections
- Matthew Coupar – fundraising activities through his club, Edinburgh Accies
- James Herbert (and his dad Stephen) – taking part in annual Thames Path Challenges, increasing the distance each year and raising funds for Bhubesi Pride Foundation
- Alex Heslop – sports equipment collection and distribution through his company
- Tim Brear – volunteering with the Pride for a month in 2016, inspiring others to follow in his footsteps; writing for local newspapers about the charity and presenting to schools in his area
- Georgie Simmons – volunteering with the Pride in Zambia, Botswana and Namibia this year; donating sports equipment; encouraging colleagues to join us; and connecting the charity to the RFU
- Andrew Evans – engaging in mentoring activities with future Pride members
- Dom Munns – administering our Pride Ambassador Program
And our Leading Pride Ambassador is…
JAMES HERBERT – Congratulations, James! A massive effort from you… and your dad. We are so inspired!
To thank James and celebrate his hard work, we arranged for Sky Sports pundit and former Springbok Thinus Delport to surprise James at his school in Oxford and award him with the following:
- A signed London Irish shirt & 2 match tickets (James’ team)
- A signed Worcester Warriors shirt & 2 match tickets
- 4 match tickets for a London Scottish game
See the moment James was awarded the title of Leading Pride Ambassador with Thinus:
Will you be our Leading Pride Ambassador in 2017?