Southern Africa Rugby Explorer 2017 – Part 3 in pictures
A picture paints a thousand words.
To celebrate Henry Mame’s contribution this year as one of our two Media Producers in 2017, participating from May to September in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia and Malawi, we would like to share his sensational imagery from our two-week finale in Malawi – and let Henry’s photos speak for themselves.
Here, our ‘Southern Africa Rugby Explorer’ Pride of coaches built on the work of earlier in the year – and of past projects – in Lilongwe, leading a youth rugby and coach education program with six government schools and local rugby clubs.
Lilongwe coaching week in numbers
- Number of participating primary schools/communities: 6 (Chilombo, Demonstration, John C. Thomas, Makumbi, Mngwangwa, Mzumanzi)
- Number of children coached: 443
- Boys / girls: 64 / 36
- Percentage of children participating in 3 or more sessions: 84%
- Number of participating local coaches: 17
- Number of participating local coaches awarded a BPF buddy coach certificate: 17
Photos by Henry Mame
Youth coaching activities
Tournament day 1
Tournament day 2