Contributing to Bhubesi Pride Foundation’s goal to INSPIRE, the charity is working hard to initiate relevant and sustainable ‘legacy projects’ in Africa. These aim to complement the ongoing community programs our volunteers (Pride members) are part of every year.
We’re creating and realising new ideas all the time. We hope to inspire you, your friends, colleagues and family to support us in making these amazing projects happen.
Help us make our Malawi Legacy Build Project a reality
We have a vision to create a sustainable education and sports facility which aims to feature the following elements on a plot in rural Lilongwe:
- rugby pitch
- netball court
- communal spaces for teaching and learning
- clubhouse facilities (kitchen, social areas, changing rooms)
- basic accommodation
Through our committed network, the charity has already started raising significant funds to help make this happen. We’ve identified an area for the plot and assembled a committee to oversee the process. If you would like to donate or provide expertise, please get in touch with us.
Legacy projects achieved so far
Traffic calming for school children
- Location: Arusha, Tanzania
- Implementation partner: G4S Tanzania
Township schools community library
- Location: Bloemfontein, South Africa
- Implementation partner: G4S SA (Bloemfontein regional office)
Improved school facilities (ablutions and security)
- Location: Gaborone, Botswana
- Implementation partner: G4S Botswana
- Launch date: May 2015 (further improvements in 2016 and 2017)
Children centre improvements
- Description: Working with a host of contributors and driven by G4S Namibia, significant improvements have been made at a centre which supports children with mental and physical disabilities.
- Location: Walvis Bay, Namibia (JJ Care Centre)
- Implementation partner: G4S Namibia
Environmental awareness activities
- Description: School environmental awareness initiatives, including tree planting and recycling programmes
- Locations: Jinja, Uganda; Rehoboth and Swakopmund, Namibia
- Implementation partners: G4S Uganda and G4S Namibia
- Description: IT suite and installation of 25 refurbished computers
- Location: Nahumba Basic School, Choma
- Implementation partners: G4S Zambia and Camara
- Description: Two classroom refurbishments, with government installed computers
- Location: Mathare, Nairobi
- Implementation partners: G4S Kenya
Township school netball court
- Location: Emzomncane Primary, Zwide, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Implementation partners: United Through Sport South Africa (UTSSA) and Sedbergh School (Cumbria, UK)
Multi-purpose astro turf sports pitch
- Location: Astra Primary, Bethelsdorp, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Implementation partners: United Through Sport South Africa and Sedbergh School (Cumbria, UK)
Planned legacy projects
Over the next two years, Bhubesi Pride Foundation is inviting others to join its journey to help facilitate other worthy legacy projects. Ranging in cost – from initial implementation through to annual running expenses – all are achievable, relevant and represent long-term community impact.
CPD learning and leadership
‘Man and a van’
Each legacy project is targeted for different locations in Africa, where Bhubesi Pride Foundation has operations, a trusted network and has identified a clear need. In all cases, the charity works alongside local people and collaboratively develops long-term implementation strategies and integrated review processes.